To buy a domain name reserved for a certain role, you will be required to provide proof in form of a document. Truehost will verify the documents and issue you with the domain you required.
.KE is divided into various domain levels which serve different functions
- .co.ke – for Companies
- .or.ke – for Not-for-Profit-Making Organization or NGO’s
- .ne.ke – for Network Devices
- .go.ke – for Government Entities(Requires Supporting Documents)
- .ac.ke – for Institutions of Higher Educations.( Requires Supporting Documents)
- .sc.ke – for Lower and Middle Institutes of Learning. (Requires Supporting Documents)
- .me.ke – for Personal names
- .mobi.ke – for Mobile content
- .info.ke – for Information
Domains reserved for specific roles require supporting documents as proof of registration:
KENIC will require a copy of the Certificate of Registration from the Ministry of Education. The document MUST also bear the name of the Entity. The document provided will classify the Entity as a Kindergarten, Primary, or Secondary School.
KENIC will require either a copy of the Certificate of Registration from the relevant Ministry, a copy of the College Charter, or a copy of the Act of Parliament that was passed to establish the Institute. The documents MUST bear the name of the Entity. The document provided should classify the Entity as a Tertiary Institution: Polytechnic, Technical Institute, College or University.
This domain requires supporting documents from the Department of Government IT Services (GITS) at the Ministry of Finance. GITS should give an Authority Letter to show that the Entity is a valid Government institution or Agency and authorized to register the domain name.
This domain requires a copy of the valid professional license that contains detailed license information.
They are classified as below:
- Legal: law.pro, avocat.pro, bar.pro, jur.pro, recht.pro
- Accountancy: cpa.pro, aaa.pro, aca.pro, acct.pro
- Medical: med.pro
- Engineering: eng.pro