This POLICY governs the use of Truehost’s web hosting service. Violation of this POLICY may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Truehost regarding the interpretation of this POLICY, Truehost’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
The following is the entire TERMS OF SERVICE agreement between Truehost and the personal or corporate account holder. Truehost provides World Wide Web Hosting, web design and script installation. Truehost has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. Truehost’s general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. Truehost reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by Truehost when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used
- Privacy guarantee
Truehost guarantees client contact information is securely stored and no sharing of such information with third party.
- Uptime guarantee
Truehost has a 99.95% uptime that is observed for its services: Please note that scheduled downtime is not counted as ‘real downtime’ since prior communication will be made to affected users.
- Technical support
Truehost provides 24 hours support all the days of the year: Avenues of communication include calls, live-chat, emails and ticket method.
Truehost accepts payments via Card Payments, Mobile Payments, PayPal or bank transfer.
You agree to pay for the Services on time and in advance for the billing cycle Services are provided for. Invoices are generated 14 days before the renew date of the Services. Truehost provides 7 days grace period after the renew date. If the invoice is not paid within the 7 days grace period services will be temporary suspend services until the invoice is paid in full. Services are terminated if not paid in full 15 days after the Services have been suspended.
- Refund Policy
Truehost Do NOT offer refund for any services Offered, including but not limited to domain registered, hosting account setup, server setup, ssl setup, website created, domain transferred.
Refund is only offered against over-payments, payments made against no service or incorrect transactions,
- Account activation
We provide instant account activation for our shared and reseller web hosting plans.
VPS servers are activated within 2 hours in most.
Dedicated servers are activated within 6 hours.
- Content and prohibited actions
Customer agrees to use the Services for lawful purposes only. Truehost prohibits the following content on our servers and network. You MUST not publish or transmit via Truehost’s service any content that Truehost reasonably believes:
- Constitutes child pornography.
- Constitutes pornography.
- Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech.
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes.
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy.
- Creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement.
- Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person.
- Is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections.
- Clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right.
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking.
- Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Truehost.
- Disputed Services; this is incase a domain has ownership disputes; Truehost will suspend the services pending the dispute resolution.
- General Dispute; Truehost hold high standards of integrity;any cases of conning, phishing,copyright infringement will be taken very seriously. Truehost holds the rights to suspends or terminate such services without notice. An email notification will be sent(before or after) to you in such cases;the parties involved have The burden of proof. Once Truehost has verified the above proofs, the service will be reinstated or terminated.
- Truehost WILL terminate service for any of the above reasons and it’s at Truehost WILL not issue a refund.
- Hacker focused sites
- Proxy Scripts
- Anything related to torrents
- Starting background processes on shared servers
- Warez, hacking tools, exploits
Any account found to be in violation of another’s copyright will be expeditiously removed, or access to the material disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of copyright laws will be suspended and/or terminated from our hosting.
Customer agrees NOT to use our shared, reseller, VPS or dedicated servers hosting space for storage of backups. We advise customers to store their back up externally.
Customer is responsible to keep their accounts Scripts, plugins and modules up to date and secure at all times and strong passwords must be used always.
Customer agrees to keep his contact information and e-mail on file up to date at all times. We will use the e-mail on file to send notifications about generated invoices, due invoices, Services suspension, Services termination, new Services provisioned and any other related information.
- Domain Registration and Transfer policy
Domains registered/transferred to Truehost must stay with us for at least 60days before being eligible for a transfer out. If the domain must be transferred out, an additional fee will be charged before EPP code is provided. International domains (non .ke domains) will not be transferable out until 60days are over.
Cancellation requests need to be placed via the client dashboard by raising a ticket or by writing cancellation requests on e-mail to be considered legitimate request.
- Anti Spam policy
We have a zero tolerance against SPAM. Accounts used to send SPAM will be suspended immediately and the owner will be alerted. If the SPAM sending is repeated the account will be removed from our server. We do not allow bulk mailing from our shared servers. Truehost offers a separate service if you need to send thousands of e-mails.
- Resource usage
Any account on the server cannot use more than the allocated CPU or memory resources. If you use too much system resources, you will be notified to take the necessary actions. If the usage is too high to keep the server unstable, we will suspend the overloading account so that it doesn’t affect the other clients on the server.
- Hosting Transfers
Our Transfers Team will make every effort to help you move your website to us. Transfers are provided as a courtesy service. We do not make any guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account transfer. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to migrate some or all account data. In some cases we may not be able to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host. The free transfer service is available for thirty (30) days from your sign up date.
Please refer to our Backup Policy
- User content.
User Content includes any content posted by you or by users of any of your websites hosted through the Services (‘User Websites’). You are solely responsible for any and all User Content and any transactions or other activities conducted on or through User Websites. By posting or distributing User Content on or through the Services, you represent and warrant to Truehost that:
- You have all the necessary rights to post or distribute such User Content, and
- Posting or distribution of such User Content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
Truehost exercises no control over, and accepts no responsibility for, User Content or the content of any information passing through Truehost computers, network hubs and points of presence or the Internet. Truehost does not monitor User Content. However, you acknowledge and agree that Truehost may, but is not obligated to, immediately take any corrective action in Truehost’s sole discretion, including without limitation removal of all or a portion of the User Content or User Websites, and suspend or terminate any and all Services without refund if you violate the terms of this Agreement. You hereby agree that Truehost shall have no liability due to any corrective action that Truehost may take.
- Changes to the terms
Truehost reserves the right to make changes to the terms at any time without notification. Customer agrees to visit the terms of service regularly for updates.