Registering a .ke domain
Registering a .ke domain means the extension of you website will have .ke meaning this extension is only for businesses and companies in Kenya
In Kenya we have the following domain names available for registration specifically for organizations located in Kenya only.
• Domain-name.co.ke – for commercial Kenyan companies
• Domain-name.ac.ke – for academic Kenyan institutions
• Domain-name.or.ke – for nonprofit making organizations in Kenya
• Domain-name.ne.ke – for network entities in Kenya
• Domain-name.go.ke – for Government of Kenya entities
Here are a few simple steps on how you can register a .ke domain
- Choose the preferred domain name and do a WHOIS search for the name to find out its availability
- Login to www.truehost.co.ke enter the preferred domain name.
- Pay for the domain name and get a 20% discount ,which means you’ll pay only kshs 900 only.
- Enjoy your new domain name.
After registering the domain you can use it for various purposes for instance emails which bear the domain name which in return publicize the company or business.
Importance of having a .ke domain
You may have a domain name in another extension for instance dot .com. If you are transacting business in Kenya, it would be advisable to register your dot co.ke company’s name or brand name to prevent any other person or organization from registering it. This prevents another entity from masquerading.