1. cPanel Backup Wizard
The Backup Wizard is an automated backup feature available within cPanel. You can use it to create a full backup of your entire site (including your databases) or a backup of only certain elements.
1. Access cpanel and go to Backups
This is a part of your cPanel that lets you manage databases (and the data they contain) directly as opposed to having to do it through your website.
- Log in to your cPanel
- Click on My cPanel. If you have more than one domain associated with your HostPapa account, click on the appropriate domain link, then enter your cPanel password if required.
- From the Databases section, click on phpMyAdmin.
- In the left column, click the name of the database you wish to backup.
- Click on the Export tab on the right.
- Choose the tables you wish to backup, or click Select All to backup all of your tables.
- Scroll down and ensure the Save as File box is checked off.
- Click the Go button found in the lower right corner. You will be prompted to find a place on your hard drive to store the backup file, and then the download will begin.